Well, water is exposed to the external elements of contamination. The harmful components can seep through the subsoil layers, industrial sources, agricultural wastes, paints, etc. When you pump the water and utilize it for the showers, the untreated elements can cause serious health problems. More information for the Best Shower Filters here.
The average level of hardness in the well water (particulates per million, PPM) varies from 17.1 to 180. The principal ingredients could be free chlorine, calcium carbonate, magnesium, calcium sulfate, fluoride, and the nitrates. The excellent water hardness can vary from moderate to critical levels.
Well, water can contain potentially harmful elements like lead, mercury, nickel, selenium, and manganese. The inorganic form of mercury deposits can be from industrial wastes, pesticides, landfill materials, etc. Lead enters the well water from industrial effluents, fertilizers, paints, etc. The other harmful elements may originate from the external sources, or be present in the subsoil layers of the earth.
The microbial contaminants in the well water could be germs, pathogens, bacteria, and the other forms of infection causing elements. Heavy rains and flooding can increase the concentration levels considerably.
Chlorine can cause a wide range of skin disorders, infections, and diseases. Some of them are short-term reactions, while the others can have the long-term negative impact. Chlorine is one of the elements that can kill many of the harmful bacteria on the human skin. But it will also result in oxidative reactions on the skin.
• Acne: Chlorine can block the skin pores and activate the dehydration of the tissues and cells. The dryness attracts UV radiation from the sun at a rapid pace. The result is an aggravated situation of free radicals oxidizing the skin layer. The sebaceous glands’ overstimulation results in more than sebum production. The blocked pores cause the inflammation of the acne pimples on the skin. The symptoms can be mild to moderate in the initial stages. But the intensity can increase rapidly as you shower consistently.
• Aging: Skin dryness can also result in the formation of wrinkles, and toxic substance accumulation on the skin layers. The skin can absorb the chlorine, and the micron size deposits grow at a faster rate. It can also result in weakening of the collagen and the elastin. Premature aging of the skin is a direct result of using untreated well water.
• Rashes: Formation of skin rashes quickens with the deposits of chlorine, sulfates, fluoride and the other hardened elements. Researchers have found these elements to destroy the protective layer of the skin cells and tissues. Exposure to sun and heat can result in skin rashes.
• Cancer: Skin cancer is one of the long-term risks associated with the chlorine and dissolved chemicals in the well water. The hot steam emerging from the showerhead also contains the high concentration of vaporized chlorine and the chemicals. The skin pores tend to absorb them faster. In fact, these elements can penetrate to the dermis and the hypodermis layers of the skin. Consistent exposure can weaken and destroy the hair follicles, sweat glands, subcutaneous fat, and the connective tissues. The result is the enhanced risk of cancer.
• Infections: The pathogens in the well water can cause allergic reactions on the skin. Increased sensitiveness to light, heat, synthetic fibers, wool, and the perfumes is the primary damage caused by the allergens. The other forms could be psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, etc.
The skin has direct connectivity with the lungs. Psoriasis on the skin can cause internal pneumonia that affects the lung health. Skin rashes can increase the [possibility of heartburn and acid reflux. The skin allergen accumulation can affect the cardiac mast cells that connect to the blood vessels in the hypodermis region.
Some of the connective tissue disorders like systemic sclerosis result in the hardening of the connective tissues. It may affect the free movement of the joints and the muscles. Sharp sensations of pain and increasing dryness are some of the symptoms. Chlorine, fluoride, and the other sulfates are the primary causes of this disorder, especially among the children and the elderly.
Shower Filter Benefits
The shower filter reduces the probability of the above-listed disorders and diseases by more than 98% unless the individual is suffering from the other forms of inherent causes.
• Chlorine: The shower filters can eliminate 99.99% of chlorine by utilizing the construction mechanism of the filtering layers. Active carbon can absorb the free chlorine molecules and the other forms of water hardening elements. KDF can convert the free chlorine into the simple forms of the chloride. This conversion seems to work better when the hardness of the water exceeds 180PPM. You don’t need to replace the filter frequently since it doesn’t clog. Soft water is beneficial for the pore cleaning, Detox, and the removal of excess sebum from the skin layers.
• Chemicals: The KDF and the Infrared stones (ex: ceramic) can filter out more than 99.99% of the volatile compounds from the well water.
• Metals: The microscopic and the micron level metal removal make the water soft and free from harsh elements.
• Microbes: The KDF and the infrared stone layers can destroy most forms of the microbial organisms present in the well water. It reduces the probability of skin infections. The infrared irradiated water can also increase the skin immunity. You can stay away from the skin allergens and infections during the winter and spring seasons.
• Energizer: The infrared irradiation of the shower water results in enhanced negative ions concentration. Smooth circulation, controlled blood pressure, muscular massaging, and the elimination of stress factors from the skin are the benefits of shower filter. It enhances the energy levels of the skin and the muscles. The connective tissues function efficiently due to the improved accumulation of collagen.
The shower filter functions efficiently with the hot and cold water through all the seasons of the year. Hence, you can expect long-term skin health and fitness.
More information about Shower Head Filters for Hard Water, click here: